Sunday 13 January 2008

Take That and Party!!

Thanks to my lovely fantastic mum's generosity, I spent Friday evening glammed up at a very special event in Old Billingsgate, a former fishmarket and on this occasion, venue for a fundraising dinner for the Outward Bound Trust, with special guest stars, Take That.

Now, although I was firmly in the target demographic for Take That's first conquest of the pop world, I was more interested in Scotland's own Wet Wet Wet and although the occasional poster may have graced my bedroom wall, the frenzy over their recent reunion has tended to leave me a bit bewildered.

Not any more!

They were ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!

Assured, professional performance, totally at ease with themselves and the audience, no airs and graces, just basic strong singing, really affectionate with each other in a northern bloke-type way, bursting with charisma and I'd forgotten just how bloody good some of their tunes are. I've since downloaded two of their albums and am a complete convert!

One of the best nights I've had in a long, long time.

1 comment:

Ali said...

It was fun wasn't it! x Mum